Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Move Along, Move Along

There have been so many new things happening lately in my life; I hardly know where to begin. So we'll go with whatever randomly pops into my mind first ... I recently got a part time job at Black and White! ok, back up. I got an internship with the Utah Flash - a semi-pro basketball team here in Utah. I will be writing all the game recaps for the team starting in December and begin getting my name out in the basketball sphere. I also get to help with community relations -- going to elementary schools with varying players while they speak on not doing drugs, the importance of health and fitness, etc. I'm really really excited about this opporunity, and I think it will be a great start for me to get introduced to the professional realm of sports. Buuut ... the internship is not paid, so that puts me even further into the poor graduated college student status, minus the student part now. Sooo, I treked up to University Mall and got a job with Black and White. It's a clothing store down by Nordstrom and Banana Republic. I start today, and I think it will be a great chance for me to learn something new and do something fun.
Alright, what else? My mom has been slaving away at Shutterfly putting together the most incredible books about her's and my dad's marriage. Seeing her put together these amazing books has inspired me to try my own creativity and assemble my own Shutterfly book of my college memoirs -- cleverly entitled Memoirs of a College Grad. It may or may not have been inspired by Memoirs of a Geisha, but the content will not be inspired by that film haha.
I am still basking in the delight of BYU upsetting Oklahoma! Especially since my dad is an avid Utah fan, so anytime BYU excels at anything it's automatic gloating privileges -- and this one can go on for, well a very long time :) and that brings me incomprehensible happiness. I am so proud of my BYU team!! Unfortunately I was not able to watch the entire game, but I saw the first half off and on and watched the last bit of it while working the women's volleyball team take on Kansas State for the final game of the Nike Classic. After the vball game, I went to fill up at the Chevron right by the stadium and it was an unbelievable sight! The streets were full of hte sounds of people running around, screaming, cheering, riding in the back of trucks with huge BYU and Y flags and honking to celebrate the win. Then hundreds of people went to the Provo airport to welcome and greet the team as it arrived from Dallas. In the words of my dad, "This is one of the most exciting things to happen in Utah in a long time - minus Utah winning last year."
Last thing ... I've recently been told that I need to experience the delightful restaurants of Salt Lake City, for I am a shame to the family -- spoken by my dearest cousin Greg :) Sooo, I recently experienced Hires and was thoroughly impressed. I saw a picturesque root beer float. The kind you see pictures of, or on advertisements, and you think to yourself, yah right, they never look like THAT! But I assure you ... this float was picture perfect. I don't even like rootbeer, but at that moment I wanted it more than anything. It looked THAT amazing! Next on the list? The Pi I believe. But Greg and Lauren and Tyler were also so kind to help me exprience my first Bee's game, which was also enjoyed!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Pie! Its the pizza place you're talking about right?

    ReplyDelete